Thursday, August 13, 2009

birthday fun

Thirty-eight was great, but thirty-nine will be divine. Happy Birthday to ME!! I was trying to decide what to ask for my birthday and it was a toss up between Botox or a bone-scan...The botox for beautifying purposes and the bone-scan to see if I my hip is broken yet. Fortunately, I didn't feel to feeble and so Chad and I hiked up to Angel's Landing in Zion on my birthday. We have a 20 year date to go back and hike it again because we are highly effective people. (Steve Covey would be proud--planning with the end in mind--habit #4) As we hiked up the trail we decided to have a mini-competition between the 20-somethings ahead of us and see who would be the first up. Well, it was easy-squeasy...we kicked generation y's booty. They obviously have been watching a lot of reality t.v., listening to their ipods while on face-book, and playing video games. Not only the hike, but I bet we Gen-X'ers could have also beat them at an intense game of pac-man, a big-hair competition, and a gnarly name that 80's tune contest.
I don't consider my self old yet. Old is when you get into your 40's or somewhere in there.
Thanks for a fabulous birthday-day, Chad. It was better than the biggest chocolate chip cookie in the world.

7 comments:

Aubree said...

HAppy B-day Mom!! (-:

Anonymous said...

LAURA & CHAD,
~YOU TWO ARE ABSOLUTE AWESOME~

I fell off my chair at all those funny things in your blog about you being old!! Baby girl, you are just gettin' started!!

Life is such an adventure, and you are making the most of it.

Keep doing the amazing things you do, and when you are a 100, you can say " I think I might be getting a little old!"

Have many,many more
~Happy Birthday's~

Love Mom

Onwheels said...

Bluefeather says it all! You guys really are great! And...39 is just getting started, so live it up!

Love you both.

Janette said...

You crack me up! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

You're hilarious! I've been thinking of getting some things lifted upward...maybe my 31st birthday! J/K You look great and you're still young and active! I hope I look as good as you in 9 years!(which isn't that long) Happy Birthday!

LC said...

You are so witty...and pretty! Happy Birthday!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Happy Birthday Laura! You crack me up!!! Here's to highly effective people and living young forever. Don't forget, once you pass 29...you are always 29 years and holding. ;)